Saturday, March 17, 2007

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Well, the morning started off quite eventful! Jon went out for a morning surf up at Pt. Cainwright in Coolum. He came home telling me how it was a little choppy & rough and he got tossed around a bit. As he turned to the side a bit, I saw this big gash in his back dripping blood down his back. The fin of his board came down on top of him when he was knocked over.

After arguing over whether or not he needed stitches (Normally, I'd totally trust his opinion, but he couldn't really see the cut to see how deep it was) So, we went to see Dr. Lars, the Swiss doctor that lives downstairs. Under all the blood, it was just a nasty scratch, so we got lucky there.

Then, we had probably the most non-festive St. Patrick's Day that either Jon or myself have ever had. (I didn't hear bagpipes once & it was 90 degrees. Although, there were people in green falling over in the street, so, they've got part of the spirit, I guess?)




In the evening, we met two other Americans from Texas for drinks & dinner. We had such a great time. We went to this Turkish restaurant & had the most amazing meal. It was a family-style "feast," so we all got to try lots of everything. Yes, I know everyone who knows me is probably laughing at this idea, but I actually liked it. I even tried quail, which I didn't like, but I tried.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


The best part of the evening was the belly dancer came out and she danced around the restaurant for an hour or so. It was really a nice touch to the evening. We got a real kick out of the fact that she was quite possibly the whitest, white girl we had ever seen dancing in a Turkish restaurant, but she was so amazingly talented!



No comments: