Thursday, January 18, 2007

We found a place to live!

Jon has been working nights & I have been ill will a nasty stomach flu, but there is a bit of good news to report: We received word from our real estate agent that our application was approved for the property at Surfair Beach Resort in Marcoola. The beaches in Marcoola are some of the best on the Sunshine Coast & the resort is quite lovely with all of the amenities of a perfect holiday resort.

We have a unit with two separate entrances off the main entrance, one that leads to the living room, dining room, kitchen (with all brand new stainless steel appliances,) bedroom & ensuite bathroom. The second door leads to a self-contained bedroom with ensuite bathroom & balcony. Perfect for guests, hint hint.



The only other notable is I had my first run in with an Australian spider. I was home alone and sick as a dog, when I got up to get a glass of water and saw this MASSIVE spider sitting on the wall above our cabinet. I am not exaggerating at all when I say, the thing was as big as the palm of my hand. I tried to whack it with a magazine, but it moved to quickly, so I did the overly mature thing and locked myself in the bedroom and hid from it =)

I learned later it was a huntman spider, and yes, it will kill you. It's been rumoured to charge at people as well. Glad I didn't find that out first hand!

Tonight is Jon's last day on night's and now he will have a week off of work. His friend Jordan is over in Sydney for a business trip and we are hoping to catch a flight down to spend some time with him over the weekend.

No comments: