Monday, June 11, 2007

Mulligan (by Jon)

Sunday was time for the boys to have some real fun, ditch the broads and go raise hell.... On the golf course. *Ahem* Yes, we are real rebels, and decided to go play a round of golf in Waillea. We wanted to do something different, you know? I mean, who plays golf in Hawaii??? So, Russ, Wegs, Steph (yes, he has a girls name), Noel, and Russ's brothers rented some clubs and got ready to do battle. Yes, we rented. And no, as you can guess, we are not good at golf (well, except Noel....He beat everybody by about 20 strokes, that smug *******) But I'll tell you what, we tore that golf course up. No, we did really. Literally. There were divots all over the place, it was pretty ugly.... Let's put it this way, when I went to rent the clubs it was so obvious that I had no clue what I was doing that the guy at the golf shop gave me a bag of balls (literally a whole shopping bag full) and said that I'd need 'em.

Photobucket


I did

*sigh*

Oh, did I mention I got the dubious honour of getting the highest score? No? Good. Then I shot 2 under par.....

Photobucket

Anyway, we got out to the course for the early tee time of 7AM. Loaded the beer on the back of the golf carts and were on our way. Why the beer you might ask? Well, the way looked at it was that we were going to have horrific scores anyway. We might as well get drunk and have that as an excuse. By the time we reached the 9th hole the beer was gone but luckily we ran into the beer girl and bought her entire stock and kept on going. Funny thing was that looking at the score card afterwards that I apparently play a hell of a lot better drunk than sober.

The golf course was awesome, perched up on the the hill over-looking the islands of Molokini and Molokai and sometimes we just had to just stop and soak up the view. It was almost like playing Tiger Woods Golf on the PS2.....except that it was real. Oh, and that we suck. I had bought these really cool salmon coloured balls, 9 of them, figuring that they would be really hard to lose. I started in on the balls that the guy in the golf shop gave me by the end of the 3rd hold. Oops.

Photobucket

Didn't matter though, we had a blast. Moment of the day for me was on the back 9. Can't remember the whole, I was pretty drunk I think. but it was a par 5. I was off in the light rough after my tee shot about 220 yards from the pin. Using the 3 wood I managed to put the ball onto the green about 10 feet from the whole. It was so cool. And no, I didn't make eagle....or birdie. Hell, I didn't even get par as my putting skills decided to desert me at just the right time but hitting it onto the green like that was cool anyway.

Photobucket

Difficult to describe the course with words and can't show you pictures because we forgot the camera but take my word for it, it was gorgeous. Afterwards we went to the bar and had a few more drinks before going home to get cleaned up cause the boys were going out on the town to rage tonight!!!!

Yup, we were going out to party more after playing 18 holes of golf in 90+ degree heat in blazing sunshine and drinking loads of beer. We got back and decided to watch a bit of the game before getting ready and....

Ah well, we had a blast that day anyway even if we did, ummm, fade a bit towards the end.
- Jon

What Jon forgot to mention is after the boys got back from the golf, the families of the bride & groom hosted a beautiful barbeque on the beach in South Kihei. The night culminated in a soccer game Mike v. his nieces and I do have to say, I think Maddie & the girls won flat out! Then promptly came home and returned home to all fall asleep on the couch. But, good times, good friends & good food are always wonderful!

No comments: