Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Merry Christmas!

Merry Christmas!!!

Jon and I celebrated our first hot Christmas in Australia. We decorated our patio palm and the apartment with festive Christmas baubles; we even tried to bring home the evergreen smell of the fresh cut tree with some pine air freshner (sad, I'll admit) and we did a pretty good job of making it feel like home on Christmas. There was just one thing missing: our families.

We had a big Christmas Eve dinner with turkey and all the trimmings including Mum's beet root salad (or a feeble attempt at). Christmas morning, we woke up and opening our pressies: Jon's new surfboard and Siobhan's reading chair for the deck were the highlights.

After the phone calls home, Jon had to work in the ER around 1:00 and I relaxed watching movies for the rest of the day.

My folks sent me this picture of the pug man that had to be shared:

bailey christmas 07 066

No comments: